To all attendees:
Thank you for joining us at Chrysler's headquarters for what we hope will be a productive conversation about the solutions you're developing to keep employees safe, protect the environment and reduce operational risks.
If there is one theme that seems to resonate through every conversation about compliance, it's the notion that compliance is everyone's responsibility. We have developed this conference to help you achieve this goal, with sessions on communicating your values in a global context, training your employees and setting expectations for the external partners that you hire.
We also understand that the people on your team are some of the most important assets you have in creating a culture of compliance. But how do you grow your programs without losing focus? We'll also explore this challenge in our discussions of evaluating material risks and leveraging environmental management systems.
Thank you again for taking the time to contribute your experiences and questions. We would also like to thank our host, Chrysler, for generously offering us the use of their conference space to create an intimate venue for this important discussion.
In addition, I hope you'll find this experience to be a valuable opportunity to take a step back, reflect and renew your passion for your work.
Carol Singer Neuvelt
NAEM Executive Director
Please review the following important pieces of information in preparation for the meeting:
Chrysler Group LLC
1000 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2766
Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac at Centerpoint
3600 Centerpoint Parkway
Pontiac, MI 48341
Phone: (248) 253-9800
Security at Chrysler
- Please follow signs to use the ‘Headquarters Lobby' entrance. ID is required to enter.
- Cameras are not allowed. Phones with built-in cameras are OK.
- After obtaining an ID badge, you will be escorted by a Chrysler employee to the meeting space.
- For each piece of electronics that you bring in, such as a tablet or laptop, you will be given a form to fill-out and hand-in when exiting. More detailed instructions will be given on-site.
From Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW):
- Taxis from the airport are available outside of baggage claim. MetroCars: (800) 456-1701, MetroCab: (734) 997-6500
- The smartphone app Uber is available in the Detroit area. Uber connects you with a private driver at the push of a button. Sign-up with this link to receive $20 off your first ride.
- Driving directions to Auburn Hills Marriott Pontiac at Centerpoint [3600 Centerpoint Parkway, Pontiac, MI 48341 - (248) 253-9800}
- Driving directions to Chrysler. If you are staying at the Marriot, please utilize the shuttle instead of driving. There are parking spaces available at Chrysler if needed. Follow the signs for NAEM parking and use the Headquarters Lobby entrance.
Getting from the Marriott to Chrysler:
We will be running a shuttle between the properties. On Tuesday and Wednesday morning the shuttle will be leaving the Marriott at 7:45 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. The shuttle will only be making two trips, so please be on one of them. Following the networking reception on Tuesday evening, the shuttle will be running back to the hotel. The shuttle will pick you up in front of the Marriott and will say ‘GenX' on it.
- Breakfast starts at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 5 and opening comments are at 9:00 a.m.
- Dress for the event is business casual.
- The weather forecast is the upper 70's and a chance of rain on Tuesday... check for updates.
- Conference ends at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 6.